- A current full New Zealand driver's license is required, or a full license from your country of origin.
- If the license is not in an English language format, then an international license is also required.
- Drivers' names and license details need to be sighted and recorded at the commencement of hire.
Daily Rental Rates and Cruzy Camper Quotes
- Quotes include compulsory standard vehicle insurance,one way fee if applicable, extra driver , bank charges and gst.
- Daily rental rates include gst.
- Diesel tax charge is calculated at .08 cents per KM at the end of rental.
- We always have a campervan available at time of quote.
- Quote is subject to availability at the time of deposit clearing
- Quotes are valid for 7 days
- Public holidays incur a $100 surcharge will apply to any van pick up or drop off .
- We try to keep things as simple as possible, so to confirm your camper van booking simply visit our website https://www.cruzycampers.co.nz/pages/payment
- We require 20% of the rental to secure your campervan with the balance due 2 weeks before the rental commences.
- Please use your name as a reference and your travel dates in particulars.
- Once completed send us a quick email to let us know you have booked and we can secure your campervan.
- Payments clear within 24 hours. We will advise when it has cleared and send out your invoice along with our welcome packs that includes any other information you may need.
- We are always just a phone call away if you prefer to speak with us directly to run over any questions you may have.
Confirmed hires subsequently cancelled incur a cancellation fee as below:
- Up to 30 days prior to pick up of your van -- 50% of your deposit
- Within 30 days of your pick up date -- 100% of your deposit
- Standard insurance cover is compulsory on all Cruzy Camper rentals.
- This is set at $10 per day and will be included in any quote received from Cruzy Campers.
The excess (deductible) is $2,000 for individual claims for drivers 25 years and over, $2,500 for drivers 21-24 years and $3,000 for drivers 18- 21 years and this is represented by your bond.
Available Excess Reductions - 25 years + only.
- $20 per day tyres and windscreen are covered only
- $30 per day tyres and windscreen are covered and excess reduced to $1000 for individual claims
Our insurance excess/bond is simply an imprint of your credit card and will only be debited if any of the following conditions are not met;
- Return of the van in reasonable and clean condition,
- All equipment intact
- Without damage or involvement in an accident,
- Without liability to any third party
- With a full tank of fuel
- LPG cylinder in place
- Toilet empty and cleaned (if supplied)
- All traffic offenses paid for. Any traffic offense notices that arrive after your departure will be charged through and a copy of the ticket will be provided.
Insurances do not cover:
- water submersion
- saltwater or fresh water damage or immersion damage
- damage to tyres and windscreen
- willful damage
- damage caused while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- costs to retrieve a bogged or stranded vehicle
- damage caused by hirer not checking water and oil
The following roads are regarded as unsuitable for Cruzy Campers's vans:
- Skippers Canyon Road (Queenstown)
- Ninety Mile Beach (Northland)
- Ball Hut Road (Mt Cook)
- North of Colville Township (Coromandel)
Our vans MUST NOT be used on these roads as you will not be covered by insurance.
Other roads may be deemed unsuitable from time to time and you are expected to heed the guidelines and instructions of road signs posted by territorial and statutory authorities.
One way hires may be subject to relocation costs.
All our vans are maintained to a high standard. In the event of a mechanical problem, an AA Service Agent will provide roadside assistance. Any repairs in excess of $100.00 require our prior approval. Receipts for repairs under $100.00 will be reimbursed, provided that you were not directly responsible for the damage.
Roadside Assistance will not cover flat batteries caused by leaving headlights on, and bogged or stranded vehicles. The cost of which to be met by hirer (minimum charge $80).
We reserve the right to substitute a comparable vehicle at no extra cost in some circumstances. This substitution shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer to any refund in whole or in part.
Layouts of vehicles may vary slightly due to manufacturer's modifications of designs.
Any illustrations on this website should be considered as indicative only.
If your rental period is delayed or reduced as a result then you will be entitled to a refund of any monies paid for the period of the rental that was not provided.
Cruzy Campers will not be liable for any other costs, charges or damages, whether consequential or not, as a result of delay in providing or failure to provide the van.
Subject to availability, amendments to increase the length of your hire attract no penalty.
If the van is kept beyond the contracted rental period without authorisation, a rate equal to double the summer daily rate will be charged.
Please be advised that Cruzy Campers reserves the right to treat booking amendments after the start of the hire period as cancellations, at its discretion.
With the exception of seeing eye dogs for the blind, no animals are permitted in our vans.
Note: Our van fleet is smoke-free.
Please help to keep them that way.